Sit & Sew – Come Sit and Sew the 4th Saturday of the month from 10:00 – 3:00 with Karen and Claire.
Learn new techniques:
- need help starting a project or stuck in the middle or help with the binding
- need help selecting fabric for your next project or just want to make new friends
- or just want to sit and sew on your own project and socialize with other people who share your interests.
Each month we will feature an applique’cat block that can be done by either of 3 methods – fusible machine applique’, needle turn or raw edge. If you are unfamiliar with any of these methods, we will gladly assist you.
Karen Brake and Claire Batchelder will be offering the following classes:
- January 23rd – Celebrate Valentines Day with hearts and flowers and lace- and all things romantic.
- February 27th – we will feature paper piecing. If you have never tried it or thought it was too complicated, we will have simple patterns to get you hooked (I mean started).
This is one of my favorite things to do. There will be no meeting in March as Trenton will be having their annual Quilt Festival.
The projects we are considering for the remainder of the year are:
- Quilt-as-you-go items
- Scrap Quilts
- Selvage items
- Seminole piecing
- Table Runners
- Disappearing Nine-patch
- Christmas in July
Join as we share our love of quilting. There is no charge and all skill levels are welcome. −Claire